Participate in service learning orientation.
DefinitionOrientation should include
- identifying the three main components of service learning
- identifying types of service learning opportunities
- explaining the benefits of service learning.
- What are five benefits from participating in service learning?
- What is the purpose of an exploratory project?
- What are the three types of services?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.