Lead a team through the process of completing a project with specific goals.
DefinitionLeadership should include
- selecting a team
- establishing the team members' roles
- communicating the objectives
- prioritizing team actions to create a workable solution
- brainstorming possible solutions
- narrowing solutions
- selecting the optimum solution that will allow the team to achieve its objectives
- delegating specialized roles to team members
- establishing a deadline and performance benchmarks
- acknowledging individual/team performance
- achieving objectives
- assessing team performance.
- Why are deadlines important?
- How would one evaluate the effectiveness of a project?
- Why should one delegate roles on a team project?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will make planned persuasive/argumentative, multimodal, interactive presentations collaboratively and individually.
- Select and effectively use multimodal tools to design and develop presentation content.
- Credit information sources.
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams.
- Anticipate and address alternative or opposing perspectives and counterclaims.
- Evaluate the various techniques used to construct arguments in multimodal presentations.
- Use a variety of strategies to listen actively and speak using appropriate discussion rules with awareness of verbal and nonverbal cues.
- Critique effectiveness of multimodal presentations.
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.