Identify strengths and weaknesses of personal fitness.
DefinitionIdentification should include a personal assessment of
- cardiovascular fitness
- muscular endurance
- body composition
- general physical skills.
- Why is personal fitness important to you?
- How can body composition affect one's quality of life?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will write in a variety of forms to include persuasive/argumentative reflective, interpretive, and analytic with an emphasis on persuasion/argumentation.
- Apply components of a recursive writing process for multiple purposes to create a focused, organized, and coherent piece of writing to address a specific audience and purpose.
- Produce arguments in writing that develop a thesis to demonstrate knowledgeable judgments, address counterclaims, and provide effective conclusions.
- Use a variety of rhetorical strategies to clarify and defend a position organizing claims, counterclaims, and evidence in a sustained and logical sequence.
- Blend multiple forms of writing including embedding a narrative to produce effective essays.
- Adapt evidence, vocabulary, voice, and tone to audience, purpose, and situation.
- Use words, phrases, clauses, and varied syntax to connect all parts of the argument creating cohesion from the information presented.
- Revise writing for clarity of content, depth of information, and technique of presentation.
- Write and revise to a standard acceptable both in the workplace and in postsecondary education.
- Write to clearly describe personal qualifications for potential occupational or educational opportunities.
The student will self- and peer-edit writing for Standard English.
- Use complex sentence structure to infuse sentence variety in writing.
- Edit, proofread, and prepare writing for intended audience and purpose.
- Use a style manual, such as that of the Modern Language Association (MLA) or the American Psychological Association (APA), to apply rules for punctuation and formatting of direct quotations.