Research the immediate and long-term benefits of a specific career.
DefinitionResearch should include documenting a specific occupation and related benefits, such as
- tuition/retraining support
- career preparation
- world travel
- health coverage
- discounts on goods and services
- Why is education important to you?
- What is the difference between a career and a job?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will analyze, evaluate, synthesize, and organize information from a variety of credible resources to produce a research product.
- Frame, analyze, and synthesize information to solve problems, answer questions, and generate new knowledge.
- Analyze information gathered from diverse sources by identifying misconceptions, main and supporting ideas, conflicting information, point of view, or bias.
- Critically evaluate the accuracy, quality, and validity of the information.
- Cite sources for both quoted and paraphrased ideas using a standard method of documentation, such as that of the Modern Language Association (MLA) or the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Define the meaning and consequences of plagiarism and follow ethical and legal guidelines for gathering and using information.
- Demonstrate ethical use of the Internet.