Identify qualifications needed to serve in the U.S. Army.
DefinitionIdentification should include
- age requirement
- educational requirements and academic performance standards
- physical and mental health expectations.
- number of dependents under 18 years of age
- criminal record
- U.S. citizenship status.
- What are the education requirements for serving in the U.S. Army?
- What did you think about the required qualifications? Are you surprised by the qualifications required? Explain.
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.