Match personal interests to potential careers.
DefinitionMatching should include
- taking a personality test
- determining interests, attitudes, behaviors, and aptitude
- identifying career clusters that may relate to interests, attitudes, behaviors, and aptitude
- narrowing the field of possibilities
- researching the pertinent information related to potential occupations.
- Why is it important to match a skill to an interest?
- What are your goals after high school?
- How can identifying one's personal interests help in choosing a potential career?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.