Explain the use of the ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery) or another vocational aptitude assessment.
DefinitionExplanation should include
- benefits of taking the ASVAB or another aptitude test
- possible results of such tests
- the roll of aptitude tests in career exploration.
- How can an aptitude test guide one when making career decisions?
- Why should one prepare for an aptitude test? Explain.
- When are the best times to take aptitude tests? Why?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.