Employ motivational strategies to inspire others to achieve goals.
DefinitionEmploying strategies should include using the 14 Principles of Motivation.
- How do motivational strategies work to encourage people?
- What principles could one use to motivate one’s subordinates?
- Why is it important to reward individual and team behavior that supports unit tasks and missions?
- Why is it important to set the example in all things?
- Why should one consider all forms of prejudicial behavior intolerable?
- Why is it important to establish and maintain loyalty and teamwork within the unit?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.