Achieve personal and leadership goals.
DefinitionAchievement should include identifying the selected leadership opportunity and
- reason(s) the opportunity was selected
- personal skills that benefited leadership during the event or project
- challenges faced during the event or project
- leadership experience gained through the event or project.
- Why are goals important?
- What has been your leadership challenge?
- Why is communication important for effective leadership?
- What are some barriers to effective communication?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.