Diagnose needed repair on 2-cycle engine components.
Using manufacturer’s specifications and instructor’s guidelines, process should include
- interpreting and verifying complaint
- inspecting engine assembly for leaks
- listening to engine noises
- diagnosing the cause of excessive oil consumption, unusual engine exhaust color, odor, and sound
- performing engine vacuum tests
- performing cylinder compression tests
- performing cylinder leakage tests
- determining needed repairs for each component.
- What procedure would you use to diagnose problems with a 2-cycle engine?
- How would you determine the economic feasibility of repairing a 2-cycle engine?
- What customer related issues are involved with determining needed repairs?