Install a camshaft.
Following manufacturer’s specifications and instructor’s guidelines, process should include
- lubricating wear surfaces with appropriate lubricant
- determining sequence for installing related parts
- installing camshaft in block following proper timing procedures
- rotating engine crankshaft and camshaft to check for binding and proper operation.
- What precision tools are required in the replacement of a camshaft?
- When should a camshaft be replaced?
- Why is cleanliness an important part of camshaft replacement?