Calculate labor cost using a flat rate manual.
Once the technician makes a prognosis of a repair, calculation should be made using an up-to-date manual.
- What is a flat rate manual?
- Why use a flat rate manual?
- Who uses a flat rate manual?
- Does a small engine repair shop have to use a flat rate manual?
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand that in a democratic republic, thoughtful and effective participation in civic life is characterized by
- exercising personal character traits such as trustworthiness, responsibility, and honesty;
- obeying the law and paying taxes;
- serving as a juror;
- participating in the political process and voting in local, state, and national elections;
- performing public service;
- keeping informed about current issues;
- respecting differing opinions and the rights of others;
- practicing personal and fiscal responsibility;
- demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that foster the responsible and respectful use of digital media; and
- practicing patriotism.
- represent verbal quantitative situations algebraically; and
- evaluate algebraic expressions for given replacement values of the variables.