Determine economic feasibility of repair.
Feasibility of repair must be made based on extent of damage, age of engine, and cost of full replacement versus the cost of labor and parts necessary for repair. These factors must be communicated clearly to the customer/owner so that he/she can make an informed decision.
- What is economic feasibility of repair?
- How is economic feasibility determined?
- What are the benefits of accurately estimating prices and repairs?
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand that in a democratic republic, thoughtful and effective participation in civic life is characterized by
- exercising personal character traits such as trustworthiness, responsibility, and honesty;
- obeying the law and paying taxes;
- serving as a juror;
- participating in the political process and voting in local, state, and national elections;
- performing public service;
- keeping informed about current issues;
- respecting differing opinions and the rights of others;
- practicing personal and fiscal responsibility;
- demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that foster the responsible and respectful use of digital media; and
- practicing patriotism.