Demonstrate the safe use of equipment.
Demonstration should include the different types of lab/workshop equipment used in the small engine repair technology field, along with the correct use, the hazards, and the precautions associated with each, in accordance with manufacturer's specifications and instructor’s guidelines. Equipment should include
- pneumatic equipment (e.g., tire machine, pneumatic jack)
- hydraulic equipment (e.g., floor jack, lift rack, hydraulic press, engine hoist)
- electrical equipment (e.g., bench grinder, drill press, battery testers and chargers).
- What are unsafe uses of air compressors in the small engine lab/workshop?
- What is the safest way to hold a part in a vise?
- When is the cleaning tank used?