CTE Resource Center - Verso - Nail Technician II Task 1536872160
Follow safety precautions in use and care of tools, equipment, and supplies.
Following safety precautions, manufacturers' directions, and classroom policies is essential when using and caring for
- disposable materials
- orangewood sticks
- multi-use implements
- cuticle pushers
- cuticle scissors
- nail nippers
- nail clippers
- electric files
- ultraviolet lights
- manicure tables
- manicure lamps
- pedicure tubs.
Reference Virginia Administrative Code 18VAC41-20-270 Sanitation and Safety Standards for Shops, Salons, and Schools
- cleaning equipment
- changing filters
- ensuring electrical cords are not frayed
- ensuring tools are free of rust changing light bulbs
- changing light bulbs
- decontaminating pipe and pipeless pedicure systems.
- What are the consequences of neglecting to follow manufacturers' directions when using equipment?
- How can one maintain the salon tools and equipment to ensure proper service for clients?
- What are standard precautions?
- What is the difference between cleaning, disinfecting, and sterilizing?