Follow practices and procedures related to workplace ethics.
DefinitionFollowing practices and procedures should include
- demonstrating professional standards of conduct when working with others in classroom and salon settings
- displaying integrity, honesty, and tolerance at all times while interacting with others.
- What work ethics are necessary for a successful professional career?
- Why are good work ethics important to career success?
- What consequences may arise from an employee's lack of integrity and honesty? Lack of tolerance?
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand that in a democratic republic, thoughtful and effective participation in civic life is characterized by
- exercising personal character traits such as trustworthiness, responsibility, and honesty;
- obeying the law and paying taxes;
- serving as a juror;
- participating in the political process and voting in local, state, and national elections;
- performing public service;
- keeping informed about current issues;
- respecting differing opinions and the rights of others;
- practicing personal and fiscal responsibility;
- demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that foster the responsible and respectful use of digital media; and
- practicing patriotism.