DefinitionUse of primers for adhesion includes
- handling, application, storage, and disposal
- safety precautions, including wearing gloves and goggles
- knowledge of acid and non-acid.
- What measures should be taken when primer gets on a client's skin?
- What are the consequences of skipping the application of primer?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand that experiments in which variables are measured, analyzed, and evaluated produce observations and verifiable data. Key concepts include
- designated laboratory techniques;
- safe use of chemicals and equipment;
- proper response to emergency situations;
- manipulation of multiple variables, using repeated trials;
- accurate recording, organization, and analysis of data through repeated trials;
- mathematical and procedural error analysis;
- mathematical manipulations including SI units, scientific notation, linear equations, graphing, ratio and proportion, significant digits, and dimensional analysis;
- use of appropriate technology including computers, graphing calculators, and probeware for gathering data, communicating results, and using simulations to model concepts;
- construction and defense of a scientific viewpoint; and
- the use of current applications to reinforce chemistry concepts.