Use includes proper application, storage, and disposal of various types of adhesives.
- How can adhesives be safely removed from a client's skin?
- What is the proper way to store adhesives?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand that experiments in which variables are measured, analyzed, and evaluated produce observations and verifiable data. Key concepts include
- designated laboratory techniques;
- safe use of chemicals and equipment;
- proper response to emergency situations;
- manipulation of multiple variables, using repeated trials;
- accurate recording, organization, and analysis of data through repeated trials;
- mathematical and procedural error analysis;
- mathematical manipulations including SI units, scientific notation, linear equations, graphing, ratio and proportion, significant digits, and dimensional analysis;
- use of appropriate technology including computers, graphing calculators, and probeware for gathering data, communicating results, and using simulations to model concepts;
- construction and defense of a scientific viewpoint; and
- the use of current applications to reinforce chemistry concepts.