CTE Resource Center - Verso - Nail Technician I Task 1242371284
Apply antiseptic to skin of client and technician.
Application of antiseptic to skin should be performed according to manufacturers' directions. The following precautions should be taken when using antiseptics:
Reference Virginia Administrative Code 18VAC41-20-270 Sanitation and Safety Standards for Shops, Salons, and Schools
- Use only clearly labeled containers.
- Follow manufacturers' directions.
- Wear PPE when applying to a wound with visible signs of blood.
- Apply a liquid styptic to stop bleeding, if necessary.
- Place all waste materials in a plastic bag before disposal.
- Store antiseptics in a cool, dry place.
- What procedure should the nail technician follow in case of blood exposure?
- How should the nail technician dispose of contaminated material?