Clean implements with hospital-level disinfectants.
DefinitionCleaning should include the use of wet sanitizers and cleansers that must contain hospital-level disinfectants (i.e., composed of bactericidals, virucidals, and fungicidal) and containers should be changed daily.
The following precautions should be taken when using disinfectants:
- Use only clearly labeled containers.
- Use only on implements and equipment, not skin.
- Follow manufacturer's directions.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Measure carefully when diluting concentrated disinfectants.
- Store disinfectants in a cool, dry place.
- What are possible consequences of not storing disinfectants in clearly labeled containers?
- Why is it necessary to use hospital-level disinfectants?
- How would the nail technician ensure that all pathogens are effectively eradicated?