CTE Resource Center - Verso - Nail Technician I Task 1242371278
Follow safety precautions in use and care of tools, equipment, and supplies.
Following safety precautions, manufacturers' directions, and classroom policies is essential when using and caring for
- disposable materials
- orangewood sticks
- multi-use implements
- cuticle pushers
- cuticle scissors
- nail nippers
- nail clippers
- electric files
- ultraviolet lights
- manicure tables
- manicure lamps
- pedicure tubs.
Reference Virginia Administrative Code 18VAC41-20-270 Sanitation and Safety Standards for Shops, Salons, and Schools
- cleaning equipment
- changing filters
- ensuring electrical cords are not frayed
- ensuring tools are free of rust changing light bulbs
- changing light bulbs
- decontaminating pipe and pipeless pedicure systems.
- What are the consequences of neglecting to follow manufacturers' directions when using equipment?
- How can one maintain the salon tools and equipment to ensure proper service for clients?
- What are standard precautions?
- What is the difference between cleaning, disinfecting, and sterilizing?