Replace wheel assembly.
DefinitionReplacement should include
- following the manufacturer's guidelines using proper lifting tools
- using proper installation tools
- determining proper torque specifications of wheel bearings
- checking rear wheel seal and axle flange gasket for leaks
- performing needed action.
- What is the proper torque method for your wheel bearing assembly?
- Do you prefill the hub before install? Why or why not?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read and analyze a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, evaluative, synthesizing, and critical-thinking questions before, during, and after reading texts.
- Analyze and synthesize information in order to solve problems, answer questions, and generate new knowledge.
- Analyze two or more texts addressing the same topic to identify authors’ purposes and determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Identify false premises in persuasive writing.
- Draw conclusions and make inferences about explicit and implied information, using textual support.
The student will
- represent verbal quantitative situations algebraically; and
- evaluate algebraic expressions for given replacement values of the variables.
The student will solve
- multistep linear and quadratic equations in one variables algebraically;
- quadratic equations in one variables algebraically;
- literal equations for a specified variable;
- systems of two linear equations in two variables algebraically and graphically; and
- practical problems involving equations and systems of equations.