Replace ring and drive pinion gears, spacers, sleeves, bearing cages, and bearings.
DefinitionReplacement should include
- inspection of ring and pinion gears, bearing and cones for wear according to manufacturer instructions
- use of proper tooling to lift and move parts.
- Should the ring and drive pinion gears be replaced in sets?
- What is the single most important item to know before replacing any drive components?
- How many steps are involved in diagnosing a failure?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read and analyze a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, evaluative, synthesizing, and critical-thinking questions before, during, and after reading texts.
- Analyze and synthesize information in order to solve problems, answer questions, and generate new knowledge.
- Analyze two or more texts addressing the same topic to identify authors’ purposes and determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Identify false premises in persuasive writing.
- Draw conclusions and make inferences about explicit and implied information, using textual support.