Measure ring gear runout.
DefinitionMeasurement should include
- reference to manufacturer's instructions on properly measuring backlash
- use of correct tools to take correct measurements
- set up of correct tooling to get accurate measurements'.
- Should backlash be set to zero before beginning?
- After installing the carrier bearing caps and torqueing all bolts, should the backlash be rechecked? Why?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read and analyze a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, evaluative, synthesizing, and critical-thinking questions before, during, and after reading texts.
- Analyze and synthesize information in order to solve problems, answer questions, and generate new knowledge.
- Analyze two or more texts addressing the same topic to identify authors’ purposes and determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Identify false premises in persuasive writing.
- Draw conclusions and make inferences about explicit and implied information, using textual support.