Diagnose automatic transmission problems.
DefinitionDiagnosis should include
- reference to manufacturer troubleshooting guidelines for all troubleshooting
- verification of customer complaint, using the three Ws:
- When did you first notice the issue?
- Where were you when it occurred?
- What did you feel, smell, and hear?
- What automatic transmission problems should be addressed immediately, before the vehicle is driven again?
- What different smells might be associated with transmission problems?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read and analyze a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, evaluative, synthesizing, and critical-thinking questions before, during, and after reading texts.
- Analyze and synthesize information in order to solve problems, answer questions, and generate new knowledge.
- Analyze two or more texts addressing the same topic to identify authors’ purposes and determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Identify false premises in persuasive writing.
- Draw conclusions and make inferences about explicit and implied information, using textual support.