Inspect release (throw-out) bearing, sleeve, bushings, springs, housing, levers, release fork, fork pads, rollers, shafts, and seals.
DefinitionInspection should include
- checking the system for excessive wear
- following manufacturer's specifications for adjustments and lubrication
- determining needed actions.
- What effect will excessive component wear have on clutch operation?
- What is the proper adjustment of the throw out bearing?
- How will fluid leaks affect clutch operation?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read and analyze a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, evaluative, synthesizing, and critical-thinking questions before, during, and after reading texts.
- Analyze and synthesize information in order to solve problems, answer questions, and generate new knowledge.
- Analyze two or more texts addressing the same topic to identify authors’ purposes and determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Identify false premises in persuasive writing.
- Draw conclusions and make inferences about explicit and implied information, using textual support.