Service filters and breathers.
DefinitionService should include
- changing filter(s) according to manufacturers' recommendations
- cutting filter open and examining for debris
- cleaning breather in non-flammable solvent.
- What are the pros and cons of a spin-on oil filter and a cartridge style filter?
- Why are some hydraulic tanks vented while most are pressurized?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read and analyze a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, evaluative, synthesizing, and critical-thinking questions before, during, and after reading texts.
- Analyze and synthesize information in order to solve problems, answer questions, and generate new knowledge.
- Analyze two or more texts addressing the same topic to identify authors’ purposes and determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Identify false premises in persuasive writing.
- Draw conclusions and make inferences about explicit and implied information, using textual support.