CTE Resource Center - Verso - Diesel Equipment Technology III Task 493159113
Inspect pump inlet for restrictions and leaks.
Inspection should include
- performing a visual inspection of the pump's suction side
- searching the suction line and rubber sleeve for debris, damage, or deterioration
- double-clamping the rubber sleeve on the suction line
- determining needed action.
- Why is the suction line usually made in two pieces connected with a rubber sleeve?
- What is the term used when a pump is starving for oil?