DefinitionInstallation should include
- removing old pump per service instructions
- determining reusability or cause of failure
- flushing hydraulic system if necessary
- installing new pump and mounting seals
- filling pump with proper oil reconnecting pressure line
- cycling hydraulics slowly to purge air from the system.
- Why does a hydraulic pump need to be primed?
- Why is a pump's suction line usually made in two pieces connected by a rubber sleeve?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read and analyze a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, evaluative, synthesizing, and critical-thinking questions before, during, and after reading texts.
- Analyze and synthesize information in order to solve problems, answer questions, and generate new knowledge.
- Analyze two or more texts addressing the same topic to identify authors’ purposes and determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Identify false premises in persuasive writing.
- Draw conclusions and make inferences about explicit and implied information, using textual support.