Identify causes of pump failure, unusual pump noises, temperature, flow, and leakage problems.
DefinitionIdentification should include
- following the manufacturer's troubleshooting guide for the hydraulic system
- utilizing all required tooling and parts
- determining needed action.
- low oil level
- wrong oil
- aeration and cavitation of the pump
- faulty or dirty cooler
- worn cylinder seals
- damaged cylinders.
- What are the causes for aeration and cavitation of the hydraulic pump?
- What procedures need to be performed if a hydraulic pump fails and sends metal through the hydraulic system?
- What are the signs of an overheated hydraulic pump?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read and analyze a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, evaluative, synthesizing, and critical-thinking questions before, during, and after reading texts.
- Analyze and synthesize information in order to solve problems, answer questions, and generate new knowledge.
- Analyze two or more texts addressing the same topic to identify authors’ purposes and determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Identify false premises in persuasive writing.
- Draw conclusions and make inferences about explicit and implied information, using textual support.