Diagnose ABS electronic control(s) and components.
DefinitionDiagnosis should include
- confirming that the vehicle performs the ABS self-test before beginning the test drive
- confirming that the brake pedal has the proper amount of resistance when pressed.
- What would cause a spongy, weak, or no-brake pedal?
- What might cause a very hard brake pedal with very little effort applied to the brakes?
- What do the brakes feel like when the ABS system engages?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand how to diagram, construct, and analyze basic electrical circuits and explain the function of various circuit components. Key concepts include
c. electrical power;