Identify causes of transmission noise, shifting concerns, lockup, jumping- out-of-gear, overheating, and vibration problems.
DefinitionIdentification should include
- following the manufacturer’s troubleshooting guide for proper transmission operation
- determining needed action.
- improper clutch adjustment
- loss of fluid
- broken clutch plate spring
- low oil level
- worn clutch control parts.
- What is the cause of low/no transmission oil?
- What are the signs of worn clutch disk/flywheel?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read and analyze a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, evaluative, synthesizing, and critical-thinking questions before, during, and after reading texts.
- Analyze and synthesize information in order to solve problems, answer questions, and generate new knowledge.
- Analyze two or more texts addressing the same topic to identify authors’ purposes and determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Identify false premises in persuasive writing.
- Draw conclusions and make inferences about explicit and implied information, using textual support.