CTE Resource Center - Verso - Diesel Equipment Technology III Task 413971009
Identify causes of clutch noise, binding, slippage, pulsation, vibration, grabbing, dragging, and chatter problems.
Inspection should include
- checking the clutch components
- test driving the vehicle to verify operation
- determining needed action.
- What type of transmission/clutch is the vehicle equipped with?
- What is the proper clutch pedal free travel?
- What is the proper spacing between the clutch brake and release bearing?