Install and center the steering wheel.
DefinitionInstallation should include
- deactivating supplemental restraint system (SRS)
- using a steering wheel puller
- following manufacturer's guidelines.
- What is the function of the clock spring?
- What precautions should be taken when working with the clock spring?
- Where would the technician find procedures for centering the clock spring?
- What procedure should be followed when removing a steering wheel?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read and analyze a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, evaluative, synthesizing, and critical-thinking questions before, during, and after reading texts.
- Analyze and synthesize information in order to solve problems, answer questions, and generate new knowledge.
- Analyze two or more texts addressing the same topic to identify authors’ purposes and determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Identify false premises in persuasive writing.
- Draw conclusions and make inferences about explicit and implied information, using textual support.