Verify instrument cluster operations using recommended electronic service tool(s).
DefinitionVerification should include
- determining and interpreting diagnostic trouble codes (DTC)
- following symptom-based troubleshooting
- referring to services materials and manufacturer guidelines.
- What advantages do factory scan tools have over after-market tools?
- What steps must be taken after receiving an error message?
- Why did manufacturers begin to implement controller area network (CAN or CAN bus) systems?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read and analyze a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, evaluative, synthesizing, and critical-thinking questions before, during, and after reading texts.
- Analyze and synthesize information in order to solve problems, answer questions, and generate new knowledge.
- Analyze two or more texts addressing the same topic to identify authors’ purposes and determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Identify false premises in persuasive writing.
- Draw conclusions and make inferences about explicit and implied information, using textual support.