CTE Resource Center - Verso - Diesel Equipment Technology III Task 2095148556
Service sliding fifth wheel, tracks, stops, locking systems, air cylinders, springs, lines, hoses, and controls.
Servicing should include
- checking the air line to make sure that it is not damaged.
- checking the locking system's connection to the air cylinders and the springs
- greasing the tracks, locking pins, and holes.
- Why is the fifth wheel a major part of a vehicle's preventive maintenance check?
- What should you do if you find any damage on the fifth wheel or mounting plate?
- Why should you keep the fifth wheel greased?