Conduct performance test(s) on HVAC systems.
DefinitionConducting should include
- identifying system type and components (cycling clutch orifice tube [CCOT], expansion valve)
- following manufacturer's detailed steps for conducting an HVAC performance test
- determining needed action.
- How long should a vehicle sit before you perform a static reading test? Explain.
- Which doors and/or windows should be open during the performance test? Explain.
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read and analyze a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, evaluative, synthesizing, and critical-thinking questions before, during, and after reading texts.
- Analyze and synthesize information in order to solve problems, answer questions, and generate new knowledge.
- Analyze two or more texts addressing the same topic to identify authors’ purposes and determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Identify false premises in persuasive writing.
- Draw conclusions and make inferences about explicit and implied information, using textual support.