Inspect switches, sensors, controls, actuator components, and circuits.
DefinitionInspection should include
- locating the test/operational specifications for all electrical components in the manufacture’s service literature
- using a DMM or other testing devices to evaluate the components against the standard operating specifications
- making adjustments or replacements as needed.
- What basic troubleshooting skills/procedures are used in evaluating all of the electrical components?
- Are the electrical components serviceable or must they be replaced if they are out of specification?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read and analyze a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, evaluative, synthesizing, and critical-thinking questions before, during, and after reading texts.
- Analyze and synthesize information in order to solve problems, answer questions, and generate new knowledge.
- Analyze two or more texts addressing the same topic to identify authors’ purposes and determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Identify false premises in persuasive writing.
- Draw conclusions and make inferences about explicit and implied information, using textual support.
The student will investigate and understand how to diagram, construct, and analyze basic electrical circuits and explain the function of various circuit components. Key concepts include
c. electrical power;