Check fuel system for air.
DefinitionChecking should include
- priming and bleeding fuel system
- following manufacturer’s procedure for removing air from the fuel system
- installing in-line clear tube to view air trapped in the fuel lines
- verifying operation of manual or electric priming pump.
- What problems will air in the fuel system cause?
- Should a fuel filter be installed empty or filled with fuel?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read and analyze a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, evaluative, synthesizing, and critical-thinking questions before, during, and after reading texts.
- Analyze and synthesize information in order to solve problems, answer questions, and generate new knowledge.
- Analyze two or more texts addressing the same topic to identify authors’ purposes and determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Identify false premises in persuasive writing.
- Draw conclusions and make inferences about explicit and implied information, using textual support.