Interface with vehicle’s on-board computer.
DefinitionInterfacing should include
- connecting electronic technician (ET) software to the engine ECM for complete diagnostic evaluation
- using PC-based software and scan tools
- following manufacturer’s guidelines and troubleshooting process
- determining needed action.
- Although each manufacturer has a different set of software for their engine, what are the common system checks that all software systems analyze?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read and analyze a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, evaluative, synthesizing, and critical-thinking questions before, during, and after reading texts.
- Analyze and synthesize information in order to solve problems, answer questions, and generate new knowledge.
- Analyze two or more texts addressing the same topic to identify authors’ purposes and determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Identify false premises in persuasive writing.
- Draw conclusions and make inferences about explicit and implied information, using textual support.