Identify the location of the posted evacuation routes.
DefinitionIdentification should include
- events that could trigger an evacuation
- the location and interpretation of the posted evacuation route
- the destination and procedures for evacuation.
- What route should be followed in the event of an evacuation?
- Where is the evacuation route posted?
- Why is it important to establish a meeting place in the case of an evacuation?
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand that in a democratic republic, thoughtful and effective participation in civic life is characterized by
- exercising personal character traits such as trustworthiness, responsibility, and honesty;
- obeying the law and paying taxes;
- serving as a juror;
- participating in the political process and voting in local, state, and national elections;
- performing public service;
- keeping informed about current issues;
- respecting differing opinions and the rights of others;
- practicing personal and fiscal responsibility;
- demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that foster the responsible and respectful use of digital media; and
- practicing patriotism.
The student will investigate and understand that experiments in which variables are measured, analyzed, and evaluated produce observations and verifiable data. Key concepts include
c. proper response to emergency situations;