Inspect operation of automated mechanical transmission electronic shift selectors, air and electrical switches, displays and indicators, wiring harnesses, and air lines.
DefinitionInspection should include
- following OEM guidelines for proper troubleshooting steps
- test driving unit to verify proper operation.
- How would you verify faults in an automated transmission?
- Would low voltage cause shifting/performance issues?
- How would a short to ground affect voltage?
- Could low air pressure cause shifting issues?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read and analyze a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, evaluative, synthesizing, and critical-thinking questions before, during, and after reading texts.
- Analyze and synthesize information in order to solve problems, answer questions, and generate new knowledge.
- Analyze two or more texts addressing the same topic to identify authors’ purposes and determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Identify false premises in persuasive writing.
- Draw conclusions and make inferences about explicit and implied information, using textual support.