Use relevant service information.
DefinitionUsing service information should include
- locating appropriate service literature (e.g., diagnostic procedures, flow charts, wiring diagrams) both on paper and in an electronic format
- understanding different terminology and format of the service information from one manufacturer to another
- troubleshooting problems using wiring schematics and manufacturer's troubleshooting charts.
- Although software may be different, what basic troubleshooting steps would you take to correct an engine performance problem?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read and analyze a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, evaluative, synthesizing, and critical-thinking questions before, during, and after reading texts.
- Analyze and synthesize information in order to solve problems, answer questions, and generate new knowledge.
- Analyze two or more texts addressing the same topic to identify authors’ purposes and determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Identify false premises in persuasive writing.
- Draw conclusions and make inferences about explicit and implied information, using textual support.