Determine pump type, rotation, and drive system.
DefinitionDetermination should include
- locating the manufacturer's specifications for the hydraulic pump which will note type of pump and direction of rotation
- reviewing the service literature to determine drive system (mechanical, electric, hydraulic).
- What are the three major types of hydraulic pumps?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of each style of pump?
- Can the rotation of a pump be changed? Explain.
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read and analyze a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, evaluative, synthesizing, and critical-thinking questions before, during, and after reading texts.
- Analyze and synthesize information in order to solve problems, answer questions, and generate new knowledge.
- Analyze two or more texts addressing the same topic to identify authors’ purposes and determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Identify false premises in persuasive writing.
- Draw conclusions and make inferences about explicit and implied information, using textual support.