Test engine cooling/condenser fan motors, relays, modules, switches, sensors, wiring, and protection devices.
DefinitionTest should include
- using OEM wiring diagrams and manuals to perform proper troubleshooting steps
- using proper tooling follow troubleshooting steps
- use manufacturer software to perform system operational tests.
- How do you determine an open switch vs. a closed switch?
- What setting on a multimeter do you use to check ohms?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read and analyze a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, evaluative, synthesizing, and critical-thinking questions before, during, and after reading texts.
- Analyze and synthesize information in order to solve problems, answer questions, and generate new knowledge.
- Analyze two or more texts addressing the same topic to identify authors’ purposes and determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Identify false premises in persuasive writing.
- Draw conclusions and make inferences about explicit and implied information, using textual support.
The student will investigate and understand how to diagram, construct, and analyze basic electrical circuits and explain the function of various circuit components. Key concepts include
c. electrical power;