CTE Resource Center - Verso - Diesel Equipment Technology III Task 1556278764
Inspect fuel transfer (lift) pump, pump drives, screens, fuel/water separators/indicators, filters, heaters, coolers, engine control module (ECM) cooling plates, and mounting hardware.
Inspection should include
- checking fuel pressure with a scan tool per manufacturer
- draining water separator and checking for leaks
- checking connections on fuel heater base for coolant leaks
- cleaning ECM of oil and debris to aid in cooling the electronics
- tightening all hardware
- determining additional needed action.
- What happens if the water separator is not drained regularly?
- What is the purpose of a fuel oil heater?
- What liquid is used to cool the ECM?