Utilize proper ventilation procedures for working within the lab/shop area.
DefinitionUtilization should include
- keeping bay doors open when possible
- operating lab/shop exhaust fans
- using an exhaust ventilation hose on running vehicles.
- What are the gases emitted by a running vehicle?
- Why is proper ventilation so important?
- What are the dangers of a running vehicle in a confined space?
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand that in a democratic republic, thoughtful and effective participation in civic life is characterized by
- exercising personal character traits such as trustworthiness, responsibility, and honesty;
- obeying the law and paying taxes;
- serving as a juror;
- participating in the political process and voting in local, state, and national elections;
- performing public service;
- keeping informed about current issues;
- respecting differing opinions and the rights of others;
- practicing personal and fiscal responsibility;
- demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that foster the responsible and respectful use of digital media; and
- practicing patriotism.