CTE Resource Center - Verso - Diesel Equipment Technology III Task 1527822770
Perform engine cooling system tests for leaks, protection level, contamination, coolant level, coolant type, temperature, and conditioner concentration.
Inspection should include
- pressure testing of the cooling system
- using the proper tool for checking protection levels, (refractometer)
- coolant conditioner checks with coolant test strips
- Where will you find the correct pressure to test the cooling system on a vehicle?
- When do you pressure test the coolant cap?
- What effect does the conditioner have on the cooling system?