Inspect operation of automatic transmission electronic shift controls, shift solenoids, shift motors, indicators, speed and range sensors, electronic/transmission control units (ECU/TCU), neutral/in gear and reverse switches, and wiring harnesses.
DefinitionInspection should include
- reference to OEM instruction for proper troubleshooting steps
- inspection of shifter for proper operation and lighting according to the OEM
- verification that all harnesses are in good condition.
- What would a flashing electronic shifter indicate?
- What would a blank shifter indicate?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read and analyze a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, evaluative, synthesizing, and critical-thinking questions before, during, and after reading texts.
- Analyze and synthesize information in order to solve problems, answer questions, and generate new knowledge.
- Analyze two or more texts addressing the same topic to identify authors’ purposes and determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Identify false premises in persuasive writing.
- Draw conclusions and make inferences about explicit and implied information, using textual support.