Identify and use proper procedures for safe lift operation.
DefinitionProcedure should include
- reviewing all lift-safety information
- identifying the correct placement of lift arms on vehicle
- lowering vehicle on safety locks before performing under-carriage service.
- Why is it important to read all lift-safety material supplied by the lift manufacturer?
- Why is it important to lower the vehicle onto the safety locks?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read and analyze a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, evaluative, synthesizing, and critical-thinking questions before, during, and after reading texts.
- Analyze and synthesize information in order to solve problems, answer questions, and generate new knowledge.
- Analyze two or more texts addressing the same topic to identify authors’ purposes and determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Identify false premises in persuasive writing.
- Draw conclusions and make inferences about explicit and implied information, using textual support.
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand that in a democratic republic, thoughtful and effective participation in civic life is characterized by
- exercising personal character traits such as trustworthiness, responsibility, and honesty;
- obeying the law and paying taxes;
- serving as a juror;
- participating in the political process and voting in local, state, and national elections;
- performing public service;
- keeping informed about current issues;
- respecting differing opinions and the rights of others;
- practicing personal and fiscal responsibility;
- demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that foster the responsible and respectful use of digital media; and
- practicing patriotism.